Internat. Study Programme
Attending a traditional Austrian boarding school!
During the academic year 2021/22, the "Theresianum Academy" in Vienna will organise study programmes for students from all over the world lasting 5 or 10 months, but always starting in September 2021.
The idea is to allow the international students (aged 15–18) to find out more about Austrian culture, to meet Austrians of the same age, to get into contact with Austrian families, to improve their knowledge of the German language and to live in a traditional Viennese boarding school among Austrians and other international students for a certain period of time.
Our international students will
- live in 2- bedrooms at the Theresianum
- follow the regular lessons of the grammar school (at the level of their age) and try their best according to their abilities, including writing home exercises and tests
- get 4 lessons per week of "German as a foreign language" and take the ÖSD (Austrian Certificate of German as a Foreign Language) exams at the end of their stay
- once a week: cultural programme
- have one individual lesson per week with their personal tutor
- get the chance to go to the theatre or the Opera once a month
- have the possibility to attend a dancing course at a reputable Viennese dancing school
- will have the chance to attend a skiing course which is usually held in spring
- be taken on one-day excursions each term to a major Austrian city (Salzburg, Graz, Innsbruck), or to Bratislava or Budapest.
The registration fee for our International Programme is 140 €.
The fee for one semester (September to the end of January, i.e. 5 months) is
€ 8.350,- and it includes all the programme mentioned above except skiing and dancing courses, the fee for the ÖSD-diploma and entrance fees for cultural activities, which have to be paid extra. We need to obtain a personal reference from your Headmaster / Head of Modern Languages and we may ask you to come to Vienna for an interview.
Please register by the end of May 2021 for the 2021/22 programme.
Please note that all international programmes of 5 or 10 months must start at the beginning of September 2021.